Engineering Maintenance is made up of a variety of topics including mechanical and electrical maintenance, installing / servicing stair lifts and service lifts, equipment installation and machinery maintenance services.
- Basic and advanced bench fitting skills, how to use hand tools and hand held power tools
- Programmable Logic Controls – designed for engineers to cover the use of, maintenance and fault finding, programme structure and ladder logic
- Pneumatics – to include the interpretation of circuit diagrams and symbols and control systems
- Milling/Turning – Use of precision measuring equipment, using high speed cutting equipment
- Both Practical and theory work
Further qualifications such as NVQ Level 4, HNC or a degree.
Gaining good GCSE grades is something you should always aim for; however we will ask you to complete an entry assessment, attend an interview and then we’ll prepare you an individual learning plan detailing the support you will receive throughout your apprenticeship.